- Meet Our Caregivers
- Google Reviews
- Community Resources
- Comfort Keepers Brochures
- How to Start the Conversation
- Senior Care and Your Family
- Types of Home Care
- Paying for Senior Care
- Limiting Isolation
- Senior Mind
- Senior Body
- Legal Considerations for Seniors
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Comfort Keepers Articles
In Home Caregiver Services Keep Seniors Active in Alpharetta
How aging changes the body, and how an in home caregiver can help
We all know the “right” advice—get exercise, monitor your calories per day, eat more fruits and veggies. Simple activities like these help us take care of our hearts, brains, immune systems, and more. As we age, all parts of our bodies are impacted by the aging process. And if we maintain a healthy lifestyle, that impact can be more gentle and less disruptive to the way we’d like to live out our golden years. An in home caregiver from Comfort Keepers of Alpharetta has the expertise to help your loved one learn and maintain healthy habits.
We take a holistic view of health, meaning we consider good health to also include emotional, mental, social, and spiritual health. An in home caregiver can help with physical needs too, while helping your loved one to plan activities, hobbies, or experiences that will be meaningful to them. We can help with:
- Cooking healthy recipes, accessing fresh food, and minding any dietary guidelines your doctor has provided
- Mobility assistance and help using mobility devices
- Incorporating mental activity and stimulation into everyday life with games, hobbies, and experiences
- Medication reminders and assistance following directives from doctors or physical therapists
- Transportation to nature walks, shopping malls, community festivals, and other excursions that increase physical activity
- Maintaining physical safety in the home and eliminating trip-and-fall or other hazards
An in home caregiver can help with every aspect of physical health, including taking good care of your mind. Companion care is the heart of what we do, and that opportunity to connect with another person, share a conversation, and receive assistance with everyday tasks is integral to the health of many seniors. Socializing and holding a conversation is great exercise for the mind, as are card games, games of strategy, creative projects, and other activities that a caregiver can assist your loved one with.
Your loved one might have directives from their doctor regarding dietary restrictions, daily stretches or movements, scheduled medications, and other advice for how to live a healthy life every day. An in home caregiver can help make sure those instructions are easy to follow, and those habits become easier to maintain. The best way to maintain physical health is to follow the guidance of doctors, physical therapists, and any other medical care provider.
Our caregivers will work with you for a custom care plan that will meet your family’s individual needs and circumstances. If you’re worried about the wellbeing of an aging loved one, you can get answers and assistance customized for their particular health challenges from Comfort Keepers of Alpharetta. Call (770) 232-6360 and get started by scheduling your in-home consultation today.